[CentOS] firewall?

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Sat Jul 16 11:35:12 UTC 2011

Rudi Ahlers wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 1:18 PM, Fajar Priyanto <fajarpri at arinet.org> wrote:
>> On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 6:47 PM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic <office at plnet.rs> wrote:
>>> You might be interested in shorewall[1]. It has config file and
>>> extensive documentation. You tell it what you want and all iptables are
>>> automatically set. It also has webmin module. There are rpm's for CentOS
>>>  5 but I think they would be OK also on the CentOS 6.
>>>
>>> [1]: http://www.shorewall.net/
>> Hadi,
>> With all the suggestions, I believe it's enough to get you going.
>> iptables, shorewall, webmin.
>>
>> All you have got to do know is to google around using those keywords,
>> and start learning by yourself.
>> Google has everything.
>

> But, sadly google can't teach someone to start making their own
> choices or to think for themselves

There was some commenting on the Kaspersky facebook page where they
wrote about recent hacking and theft of the data of some US Government
contractor, and Kaspersky admin half jocked that they should have used
their product.
One excellent comment was:
    "Does that include Common Sense Internet Security 2012?".
And it is SO true...

Ljubomir