[CentOS] authconfig-gtk-6.1.9-1.fc14.i686.rpm missing durring URL Install ?

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Mon Jul 18 09:11:05 UTC 2011

Armelius Cameron wrote:
> On Sunday, July 17, 2011 05:14:49 pm Always Learning wrote:
>> On Sun, 2011-07-17 at 16:51 -0400, Armelius Cameron wrote:
>>> This is a rather strange problem. I am using the i386 netinstall CD to
>>> boot and do a URL (HTTP) install since my machine only has CD drive and
>>> can't boot from USB either.
>>>
>>> During the install, the installer was looking for package authconfig-
>>> gtk-6.1.9-1.fc14.i686.rpm and claims that it's missing. I checked the
>>> RPMs under packages, and for sure it wasn't there. But look at the
>>> package name. Why is the installer asking for .fc14. package ?
>>> authconfig-gtk-6.1.4-6.el6.i686.rpm exists instead, but I don't
>>> understand why the .fc14. package was requested. Anyone else sees this ?
>> What version of Centos were you attempting to install ?
>
> Centos 6. Sorry, forgot to mention that.

One option:
You should report this as a bug on bugs.centos.org and wait few days for
Mininal CD, Minimal Server CD and LiveCD.

Another option:
You should report this as a bug on bugs.centos.org and use NetInstall
but avoid that package. Then install remaining packages from yum.

I haven't used NetInstall in a while. Have you had to enter http address
or was it done automatically? I was thinking was it possible that it
looked at Fedora 14 repository?

Ljubomir