[CentOS] CUPS LAN printing problem (from Vista)

Keith Roberts

keith at karsites.net
Mon Jul 18 15:23:29 UTC 2011

I have my main machine running Centos 5.6, and it has a HP
Deskjet 810c printer physically attached to it. CUPSD
broadcasts in on my LAN as the default printer. I can print
to the default HP printer over the LAN, from a laptop
running Centos 5.6.

However, I do have problems trying to print to this
same printer over the LAN, from a laptop running
M$ Vista.

Has anyone been able to print from a machine running M$
Windoze Vista to their CUPS LAN printer running on Centos
5.x please. All I need to know is yes, this works, or no
it's not possible.

The other alternavie and easiest way is for me to buy a USB
printer cable, and just connect directly from the Vista
laptop to the HP printer using that.

Kind Regards,

Keith Roberts

Websites: