[CentOS] CUPS LAN printing problem (from Vista)

Keith Roberts keith at karsites.net
Mon Jul 18 16:06:54 UTC 2011

On Mon, 18 Jul 2011, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:

> From: Ljubomir Ljubojevic <office at plnet.rs>
> Subject: Re: [CentOS] CUPS LAN printing problem (from Vista)
>
> Keith Roberts wrote:
>> I have my main machine running Centos 5.6, and it has a HP
>> Deskjet 810c printer physically attached to it. CUPSD
>> broadcasts in on my LAN as the default printer. I can print
>> to the default HP printer over the LAN, from a laptop
>> running Centos 5.6.
>>
>> However, I do have problems trying to print to this
>> same printer over the LAN, from a laptop running
>> M$ Vista.
>
> What does this mean? "My car wont run, what should I do to make it run???"
>
> Can you provide a lot more info?

Hi Ljubomir.

Thankyou for your reply.

Yes I can provide more info - like Wireshark screenshots and
error messages. But all I need to know now is this possible
or not? Which Mark has told me it is. So I'm not actually
asking anyone on the list to solve it for me.

Now I know it's possible, I won't be wasting my time by
seeking a solution to resolve this problem myself.

Kind Regards,

Keith

Websites:
http://www.karsites.net