[CentOS] CentOS 6

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Tue Jul 19 14:46:51 UTC 2011

On Jul 19, 2011, at 10:21 AM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

> I finally switched workstations, and am running into a lot of truly
> annoying details with CentOS 6, and the software with it.

If the same details you find annoying are the same way in upstream
EL6.....

> For one, I'm
> doing this by webmail, and this version of Firefox *insists* on
> putting
> what I'm typing in gray, rather than black.

Not to go overboard or anything, but if this behavior is in upstream
the same way, then a bugzilla needs to be filed upstream.  If upstream
acts differently, then it would need to be filed in the CentOS tracker.

FWIW, I just checked Scalix webmail with my RHEL 6.1 system, and the
text in the e-mail is gray.  It's been a very long time since I've
tried with a C5 desktop.... hmmm, let me see.... it's not as pale of a
gray, but it's also not black, either, in Firefox 3.6.18 on a CentOS
5.6 system I have here.  Probably has a lot to do with the current
theme....

[snip]

> *sigh* Hopefully, 6.1 will fix at least *some* things...

If it's the same behavior as upstream, then file the bug upstream.  It
won't be 'fixed' if it's not filed.....

If those three things are the biggest issues you're having, given how
major of an upgrade it is, things are in pretty good shape, sounds
like to me, at least.