[CentOS] 2 questions on CentOS firewall

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Thu Jul 21 10:18:27 UTC 2011

Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:

> I take a look at Billion manual. It seams that you have to use it's
> firewall to add an allow rule for protocol icmp? and source IP 0.0.0.0.
> Destination might be also 0.0.0.0, haven't had the time to study it.
> This should allow pings from outside.

Thanks very much.
Actually protocol ICMP does not seem to be allowed
in the Firewall on my Billion 5200S RC.
But I see that this protocol is allowed in "Access Management".
I just tried adding a rule with ICMP protocol,
but it seemed to have a bad effect!
(I was cut off from the outside world.)
I'm sure this is the right way to go, anyway,
so I'll continue my experiments.

Thanks again.

--
Timothy Murphy