[CentOS] nouveau driver one centos 6

Jerry Geis

geisj at pagestation.com
Thu Jul 21 12:08:18 UTC 2011

I "wish" to not load the or even install the nouveau driver by default.
I want to use the NVIDIA binary driver.

I have tried a number of things:

1) in my kickstart package section add the line:
-xorg-x11-drv-nouveau

This did not work - it was still installed.

2) use the nvidia installer and it asks to create a modprobe.conf file
to blacklist
the driver. I said yes thats what I want. I verified the file being
present and rebooted.
The driver is still loaded "lsmod | grep nou" still showed it present.

3) I tried "rpm -e xorg-x11-drv-nouveau --nodeps". This seeming worked
however
the files for nouveau were still present. find / | grep nouveau showed
driver files and more....

So - anyone know how to get this off of my machine???
I thought the "-" in the kickstart package section would work, but no.

Thanks so much for any thoughts.

jerry