[CentOS] centos6 not using /etc/gdm/custom.conf

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Fri Jul 22 18:25:37 UTC 2011

On Friday, July 22, 2011 02:10:22 PM Tom H wrote:
> You can use "sudo -u gdm gconftool-2
> /apps/gdm/simple-greeter/disable_user_list --set --type=boolean true"
> because the "gdm" user controls the login screen but the above works
> too because it makes that setting default for all users. You can also
> make it mandatory with "gconftool-2 --config-source
> xml:readwrite:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.mandatory
> /apps/gdm/simple-greeter/disable_user_list --set --type=boolean true".

Thanks for the full syntax; even though this is one of the first things I do on all new installs (whether CentOS, Fedora, or even Ubuntu; anything using gdm), I always seem to have to look it up.... and Akemi's page is one of my bookmarks for that reason....

Since my normal use machine runs KDE, and I use KDM on it, it's not something that I have to deal with on my own box....