[CentOS] CentOS 6.0 chkconfig strange behavior

Jerry Moore tech10 at mcn.org
Fri Jul 22 19:12:28 UTC 2011

On Jul 22, 2011, at 12:00 PM, Devin Reade wrote:

> SuSE (and perhaps some other distributions) have for a few years
> been using that BEGIN/END INIT INFO block instead of the 'chkconfig'
> line to determine ordering, and will do exactly as you described.
>
> Without having looked into the CentOS 6 case, I would guess that
> the mechanism used in RHEL has changed to match.  This could very
> well be related to the LSB project, although that's just a guess, too.
>
> Devin

Hi Devin,

Is it possible to sticky a service then to always start at the value chkconfig lists? Moving various services around like that isn't very helpful when I specifically need services to start is an exact order.

Or if I do remove the BEGIN/END INIT INFO block from the init scripts will that cause issues??  What's the solution in the SuSE world when someone wants a service to not get reordered??

Thanks!

--Jerry