[CentOS] running X as root in centos 6

夜神 岩男 supergiantpotato at yahoo.co.jp
Wed Jul 27 16:33:16 UTC 2011

On 07/28/2011 12:47 AM, Jerry Geis wrote:

>> Anyway, I'm just being silly above. The gconf key for this is:
>>
>> /apps/gnome-session/options/show_root_warning
>>
> Thats awesome... I new the rest about setting values - I just didnt know
> the name.
> Thanks,

I've become a wizard at finding those things.

Unfortunately you didn't write back with what I was hoping for --
something along the lines of:

"gconftool-2 customizations? pheh, bonehead, everybody knows that's just:
# read-your-mind-for-preferences.sh --exec 'gconftool-2'
duh"

But no luck there, eh? (>.<)

-Iwao

In other news, the Practical Joke of the Year is dconf! (or maybe that's
2nd place to systemd error output...)