[CentOS] C6 livecd raid detection?

Joseph L. Casale jcasale at activenetwerx.com
Thu Jul 28 01:16:48 UTC 2011

>What was worse was that booting back to 5.6 left most of the raid pairs
>broken, some still having numbers in the md120 range, and one of the
>drives with an unrecognizable partition table.  I think I can repair
>everything, but did I miss something about this in release notes somewhere?

I just went through this very scenario yesterday on a recovery box, in the
end troubleshooting wasn't worth it so I recreated the sets in c6 and re-populated
the data back from the master.

Fortunately, it's my habit to always mount on a reliable means like uuid
or forced friendly mpath names and I am glad I did, my md0 became md127
after the first reboot and any attempts to stop and re-assemble with the
name I had were quashed at next boot.

Scratched that one upto early adopter woes and called it fixed:)

jlc