[CentOS] [SOLVED] How to remove Microsoft soft raid?

Drew drew.kay at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 12:16:56 UTC 2011

> Whatever raid metadata was written by WinXP-64 was destroyed and I was
> able to do a proper install of CentOS 6.

I'd still strongly recommend, if you haven't done so, check your BIOS
to make sure your SATA controller doesn't have RAID mode enabled. I've
seen the odd weird interaction between Linux, the BIOS, and the SATA
controller (especially early non-"Intel ICH" family) that was traced
back to that setting.

--
Drew

--Marie Curie