[CentOS] Adding the [SOLVED] Tag to break threads -- multiplefactors

Owen Beckley OwenB at foxriver.com
Thu Jul 28 15:49:41 UTC 2011

> > As a test, I appended a couple words to the previous subject line.
> If
> > this causes this email to show up as the beginning of a new thread
> > you, please report that back to us along with the email reader and
> > version you're using.  (Of course this is far from a rigorous test,
> but
> > it's the best I can do at the moment.)
> >

> > Thanks,
> > ken
> >

> This discussion makes no sense to me. If the email client is using the
> subject for threading it is doing something wrong (or you specifically
> set it that
> way).
>
> As Ken said, there are headers used to organize the emails.
>
> As for ken's test, it's working fine for me :)

Because of corporate requirements, I use Microsoft Outlook 2007 to read
my email. I use View->Arrange By->Conversation to read this forum. Each
time someone changes the subject line, it appears to me as a new
conversation.

For example, when Ken added "multiple factors", a new conversation was
started.

When Marc changed it to "multiplefactors", yet another conversation was
started.

So I would appreciate it if people would not mess with the Subject line.
On the other hand, it's not really a big deal. I can live with it.

-Owen