[CentOS] Adding the [SOLVED] Tag to break threads -- multiple factors

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 17:53:00 UTC 2011

On 7/28/2011 12:32 PM, John R Pierce wrote:
> On 07/28/11 10:21 AM, Marko Vojinovic wrote:
>> So the mail clients that don't set these headers should be fixed, right? I
>> mean, fix the broken software rather than try to fix human habits in order to
>> keep using broken software.
>
> a frequent cause of missing "References" seems to be users who get a
> digested list, then manually try and reply to a message within it.   the
> whole digest thing seems like a hangover from an earlier era when
> emailers didn't have filters and folders.

The digest concept still makes sense for people who want to see messages
but no more than one per interval.  But if they were invented today
they'd be a message containing a group of attached messages and your
mailer would know how to open them and reply individually.

But the thing I'd like mailers to do is to call attention to messages
that belong to a thread where I've replied earlier.  Is there a way to
get thunderbird to do that?

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com