[CentOS] Adding the [SOLVED] Tag to break threads -- multiple factors

Jake Shipton crazylinuxnerd at gmx.com
Thu Jul 28 18:35:10 UTC 2011

On 07/28/2011 06:54 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> My argument here is that not
> all mail clients do, therefore sticking with subject line sanity would
> help increase the number of threads that can stay together.

I agree with KB on this one.

Way I see it is, you could go everyone to install a new mail client, or
contact their administrators to do so (corporate environment) if they
want to keep threads in one piece. Don't think that would go so well...

Or...

You could simply choose not to modify the thread title thus keeping
everyone happy. Granted Mailing Lists will never be perfect threading
wise due to so many variations of mail clients etc. However would be
nice to see some people simply at least try to keep the list clean :-)

I too use threaded mode on my mail client (Thunderbird 3.1.11) and often
threads are indeed broken because someone decided to change the subject
line or change something or other.

--
Jake