[CentOS] No debuginfo for Centos 6?

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn dennisml at conversis.de
Sat Jul 30 11:03:23 UTC 2011

On 07/30/2011 06:37 AM, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 08:07:38PM +0200, Dennis Jacobfeuerborn wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I'm trying to use oprofile to debug a problem with idle virtual machines
>> eating 10% cpu but apparently the debuginfo packages for Centos 6 do not
>> exist and so I cannot get any useful information from the kernel.
>> Is there some way to at least get the kernel-debuginfo from somewhere?
>>

> If those VMs are el5 then try adding "divider=10" for their kernels.

It's a Centos6 "minimal" guest on a Centos 6 "Desktop" host so technically
this shouldn't be needed but I tried it anyway without effect. I also
removed the NIC and tried playing with the APIC/ACPI settings but this
doesn't seem to matter either. I filed a bug here:

http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=5028

According to toracat he sees this also on RHEL6 and SL6 which has me
worried because if this is really a Problem upstream that hasn't been
addressed yet then I'm not sure how I can justify using Centos 6 as a
virtualization platform. 10% of wasted resources per VM is simply not
acceptable when you run more than one guest on a system.

Regards,
   Dennis