[CentOS] cron jobs not running

John R. Dennison jrd at gerdesas.com
Sun Jul 31 03:31:26 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 03:19:01PM +1200, Cliff Pratt wrote:

> Tim, the program is run by cron in a different environment to the
> standard online environment. Is /bin/alldb a script? If so, *any*
> program in the script should have a full path, or the PATH enviroment
> variable should be specified in the cron. (see 'man cron').

Only execs outside of /bin:/usr/bin need to be fully pathed; cron
exports a default PATH of /bin:/usr/bin.

Please see "man crontab" for the explanation as to what is going wrong
here; look for '%' in the man page.

							John
--
Worrying works.  About 90% of the things I worry about never happen.

-- Woody Paige (1946-), sports columnist, on ESPN's "Around the Horn"