[CentOS] www.mydomain.org and mydomain.org should resolve to the same IP

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Sun Jul 31 15:05:51 UTC 2011

On 07/31/11 6:28 AM, Always Learning wrote:
> Please kindly excuse any misunderstanding I may appear to exhibit.

as Peter says, I intentionally set it up this way so that no matter
which alias you go to, you END UP with the preferred URL for
bookmarking, etc.  This also makes the internal page caching on my site
work better... on this drupal built site, ALL the pages are dynamically
generated content, but when anonymous users visit common pages, they'll
get the cached last value.   the caching is by full URL, so forcing all
users to use the canonical form ensures maximum effectiveness.