[CentOS] ClearOS rebuild

Mathieu Baudier mbaudier at argeo.org
Fri Jun 3 13:23:02 UTC 2011

> Yes, RedHat deserves the credit for denying access to the binaries of open
> source work, even to the community responsible for it even existing.

Since I just made a point about the upstream projects, let me
respectfully disagree with your statement : free software is about
freedom not free lunch.

CentOS, ScientificLinux, ClearOS, etc. are living proof that Red Hat
did not take away our freedom.

Moreover, I doubt that the free software community is worse off with
Red Hat having a profitable business model, but this is another
question.

(gosh, I got trapped again in one of these threads... Sorry, I love
debating too much. Won't do it again. Won't do it again...)