[CentOS] Good book on Linux Admin (Centos 5.5)

Thomas Harold thomas-lists at nybeta.com
Fri Jun 3 16:54:36 UTC 2011

On 6/2/2011 4:18 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:

> The things I always look for and almost never find are
>
>     (a) A split between tutorial (step-by-step for common uses) and
> reference sections (that have all the options). Once you've followed the
> tutorial you won't want to wade through that again to find the option to
> make an obscure change.

For pure reference, I've always liked my "Linux in a Nutshell" book
(O'Reilly publisher), which has a huge section with all of the commands
and options.  It even has sections on "vi" and "emacs".

Google and man pages take care of the rest.

(Also, since CentOS is so similar to RHEL, anything taught in a RHEL
book tends to carry over.)