[CentOS] ClearOS rebuild

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Fri Jun 3 19:15:50 UTC 2011

Marko Vojinovic wrote:
> On Friday 03 June 2011 16:21:35 Les Mikesell wrote:
>> On 6/3/2011 8:57 AM, Lamar Owen wrote:
<snip>
> So what? Red Hat created a community by beeing free in both senses, and
then decided to go commercial at some point. And that hurt the feelings
of some minor number of hard-nosed community members. Is that what you
are talking about?

> I was around at the time of Red Hat going commercial. I heard about that,
<snip>
I'm having some problems with the way the conversation is going. RedHat
*was* a company; to me, the RHEL was aimed as a wedge, to get into
corporate America. For that matter, who started offering their distro of
RHEL around then? Why, the same company that offered this new o/s on their
brand new product, the IBM PC in 1980: IBM.

RedHat, at least, has not taken the path to the Dark Side, as the Other
Company did....

          mark