[CentOS] Installing rather than changing

Emmanuel Noobadmin centos.admin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 07:34:25 UTC 2011

You'll probably be able to use rsync to copy everything from your
server first before the re-install.

Something like rsync -avcz --partial --progress --rsh="ssh"
your_login at your_server.com:/home/path_to_folder/*
/home/path_to_local_folder

Possibly also need to copy the config files for whatever else that
cannot be easily replicated from a fresh install.