[CentOS] ultrasecure sshd server

Daniel Heitmann dh at horrendum.de
Fri Jun 10 08:40:44 UTC 2011

> Not really. My view is so he can authenticate from his own PC without
> the need to type the password, but if he is on someone else's system he
> whould use regular password. That is what I would like to be able to do.
That is possible for the root-Account. You can allow sshd to log you in
as root via public key without forcing you to login as an unprivileged
user first. You can do this by changing your sshd_config:
PermitRootLogin without-password

I am not sure if this is possible for regular logins too. Sorry.
--
Gruß/Regards,
Daniel Heitmann

gpg id: B251006E | ascii: http://horrendum.de/gpg.asc | twitter: @dictvm

Proprietary attachments instantly go to /dev/null.