[CentOS] C6 LiveCD top 5 apps

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Sat Jun 11 21:29:29 UTC 2011

Lamar Owen wrote:
> On Saturday, June 11, 2011 01:56:33 PM Les Mikesell wrote:
>> On 6/11/11 11:54 AM, Lamar Owen wrote:
>>> You should install Revisor, and master your own Live media with EPEL or ATrpms or ELrepo or rpmforge or remi or whatnot packages; it's not that hard.
>
>> Is revisor scriptable to the point where people could share their list of
>> repos/packages and anyone could run the script and get an identical (but up to
>> date) iso?
>
> AFAIK, it uses a kickstart file to compose.  The docs are on the FedoraProject's pages.

I used livecd-tools package from EPEL and Fedora howto:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_create_and_use_a_Live_CD

I took CentOS official LiveCD .ks file and adapted it for desired
packages and repos.

I have attached my .ks file. It uses my plnet repository for some extra
packages. Also attached is centos-livecd-desktop.ks with only official
repositories, so you can compare and see what I have changed.

Ljubomir