[CentOS] A bridge problem

Robert Spangler mlists at zoominternet.net
Mon Jun 13 19:27:46 UTC 2011

On Monday 13 June 2011 14:02, the following was written:

>  We just went to replace the bridge/firewall services one one server with
>  the same on another. It's pretty simple, and I literally cloned (w/ rsync)
>  a third server that does this onto the one that will be the new one. Then
>  copied the /etc/sysconfig/iptables from the one being replaced, and
>  brought it up this morning.
>
>  Nope. We had to put everything back the way it was.
>
>  The new one sees the two or three servers behind the firewall, and we can
>  ping them, from the new box. On one, we see IPP broadcasts; in fact, we
>  see lots of broadcast packets using tcpdump. From outside, though, you
>  can't see the servers. Trying to ping them, they see nothing. It seems to
>  be the case that tcp and icmp packets are blocked, and we can't figure out
>  why.

Is the firewall IP or port based or a combo of both?
Is the firewall setup on the bridge interface or on each individual server
interface i.e., eth0, eth1 etc..

What does ifconfig show you?  Are all the interfaces started? Do the DHCP
interfaces receive a DHCP address?

--

Regards
Robert