[CentOS] Bash rotating tab completion with list

yonatan pingle yonatan.pingle at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 14:49:21 UTC 2011

Hello Dotan,

you might want to ask your sysadmin about this, it's a package that
can be compiled from source.
last time a checked ( a long time back ), they use both redhat 7.3 and
solaris as the core system in the univ ( in tel-aviv at least ).

you can check the system version & type with a simple cat /etc/issue
, or cat /etc/*relea*
if it's a centos based system, the admin would have to install the
package manually , or install the epel repo and use yum the proper
way.

most of the end users don't even use the terminal, so this is not a
common question, and i am sure the root admin will be glad to help you
with this.

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 7:28 PM, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 17:24, yonatan pingle <yonatan.pingle at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Dotan,
>>
>> have you already installed this:
>>
>> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/5/x86_64/repoview/bash-completion.html
>>

> Nice, thanks. I was certain that I'm not the first to want this.
>
> Is there any way to configure this without the bash-completion
> package, for instance for use on the university students' server?
> (which I'm not even sure is RH based, it's something old and probably
> home-grown)
>
> --
> Dotan Cohen
>
> http://gibberish.co.il