[CentOS] CentOS-6 Status updates

Devin Reade gdr at gno.org
Tue Jun 14 17:17:05 UTC 2011

>>> Smart folks will test 6.0 to see how apps perform/behave and then wait
>>> till 6.1.
>>
>> I beg to differ. Smart folks will test 6.0 and deploy it if performance
is
>> acceptable.
>
> Guess you have never worked in an organization of any size where you worry
> about reliability, patches, bug fixes, etc.

How about acknowledging that each organization's requirements are
different, and may well in fact differ depending on the circumstances?

Yes, in a lot of cases there can be problems with *.0 releases (not
referring to CentOS in particular here, but software in general).
Sometimes circumstances force your hand.

OMO, a good systems architect doesn't live in black-and-white world,
but rather knows the influencing factors, has a wide selection of tools,
picks the best solution available to the problem at hand, and tries
to mitigate his risks.

Devin