[CentOS] Dell openmanage srvadmin on 5.6

Roy Trubshaw roy.trubshaw at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jun 15 14:19:46 UTC 2011

Kevin wrote:

>        I'm just trying to get Dell openmanage to run on my Centos 5.6
> box. The monitoring
[ Snipped ]

> Can anyone point me at a suitable rpm, or do I have to resort to
> compiling it? Surely I'm not
> the only one trying to do this.
>
> --
> Kevin Thorpe

This is my fault. I enabled the 'priority' plugin as a short-term fix
because we have a lot of repositories and I wasn't entirely sure which
ones could be discarded. The dell-omsa repo seems to have lost its
priority=1
line and the plugin seems to assume priority=<bignumber> and thus the
dell repo was being excluded.

Added the priority=1 line and everything installed OK.

(Yes I will tell him as he sits opposite me but the list deserved to know
the answer too.)

--
Roy