[CentOS] CentOS-6 Status updates

Michael Simpson mikie.simpson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 09:47:00 UTC 2011

On 16 June 2011 01:20, R P Herrold <herrold at owlriver.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Jun 2011, Gordon Messmer wrote:
>
>> Nothing that Red Hat did has increased the burden on CentOS.
>
> so says the person who has not done it
>
> - the rpm tool changed, adding a non-backward compatible
> compression scheme. as I blogged about months ago; this has
> 'flow through' effects as to bootstrapping a new builder
>
> - the anaconda changes, re-design as to install stages, sever
> deprecation of TUI installs, unfixed graphics driver issues,
> and install time anaconda 'seeks' across the wire to remote
> network content introduced addotional complexity to an already
> ever-changing and at best, spaghetti like pile of Python puke,
> as I've already noted on this and the -devel mailing list

Yeah
the bugzilla report of the hard crash on initialisation of X during
install of the 64bit betas of RHEL6 on my dell e4200 were closed with
the status of feature request.
At the time i tested with fedora 12 / fedora 13 and the 32 bit beta
all of which were fine.

Maybe RHEL7 will be more polished "out the gate"

mike