[CentOS] Config file semantics.

Devin Reade gdr at gno.org
Fri Jun 17 17:44:19 UTC 2011

--On Wednesday, June 15, 2011 02:52:22 PM -0700 Keith Keller
<kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us> wrote:

> I am constantly frustrated by being limited to a whole number of spaces.
> What if I want pi spaces?  Or e*i?

I would like to introduce other space operators as well.  For example,
we could use d(space)/dt to not only have spaces in our config file,
but indicate how quickly we typed them.

Imagine the possibilities:

  - Do you want your whitespace to also indicate the number of
    configuration parameters?  There's a lim(sigma(space) sub (w->infinity))
    for that

  - Tired of typing all those spaces? Just use M-x dirac-delta-space
    and you're done.  (Mind you, it removes all other spaces from all
    other config files on your system and puts them into the current file,
    so you might have to be careful when invoking it.)

  - How about bra and ket space operators for those days when you're
    not sure if you want spaces or not, and want to defer the answer
    until someone reads the file?

(Devin wanders off to code up the lisp for emacs' M-x laplacian-space-mode
...)