[CentOS] Firefox 5 on Centos 5.6

fred smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Wed Jun 22 00:40:10 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 01:18:38AM +0200, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
> fred smith wrote:

> >> My guess is that you compiled from source, and that is not something
> >> (vast majority of) CentOS users do, so I would not hold my breath that
> >> anyone uses Firefox 4 on CentOS 5.x.
> >>
> >> Just return to 4.0 and you should be fine, I guess.
> >
> > Actually, no. it's the binaries from mozilla.org, though. firefox 4
> > did the update itself, again using the mozilla.org binaries.
>
> libstdc++.so.6 is a part of gcc libraries. I would like to have Firefox
> 4/5, but not at the cost of messing with the core part of my system.

Just put a copy of it in a separate subdirectory. In my case, I
unpacked the mozilla download of firefox in my own personal space
and added the libstdcc++.so.6 to the same directory that has all the
firefox-included libraries. no other app sees it there, just firefox.

                         While we were still sinners,
                              Christ died for us.