[CentOS] how do determine last file system on disk?

Rudi Ahlers Rudi at SoftDux.com
Sun Jun 26 12:20:43 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 12:53 PM, Robert Heller <heller at deepsoft.com> wrote:

> Wondering: could these extra 2 drives have been 'spare' disks that were
> never actually installed? And got mixed in with the 'used' drives?

I doubt it since there are quite a few drives that were part of a RAID set
and I could get some data from them.

> It is also possible that the drives got 'wiped' somehow, eg they were
> on the bottom shelf when the cleaning crew came by with the floor waxing
> machine...

No floor waxing or other "vibrating" machines come in this office.

So I guess the techs just completely wiped them for security or other
reasons. Unfortunately none of the guys remember.

But it's fine, I'll just salvage what I can from the other drives and then
resell these to someone else who can use them.

> --
> Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933 / heller at deepsoft.com
> Deepwoods Software        -- http://www.deepsoft.com/
> ()  ascii ribbon campaign -- against html e-mail
> /\  www.asciiribbon.org   -- against proprietary attachments

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers
SoftDux