[CentOS] HP Network Printer

Gene Poole

gene.poole at macys.com
Mon Jun 27 16:43:23 UTC 2011

I'm attempting to install and configure HPLIP (HP Linux Imaging and
Printing) software on my CentOS 5.3 x86_64 system without success. I've
got a HP Officejet Pro 8500 multi-function printer connected via ethernet.
I'm getting a message saying that it cannot locate the libcups module in
the /usr/lib64 and /usr/lib directories.  However, I can locate then
correct modules using the find command.  I can print to this printer using
multiple versions of Fedora and multiple versions of Windows.
Does anyone have any suggestions why it is not working?

Thanks,
Gene Poole