[CentOS] Anyway to ensure SSH availability?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 13:08:06 UTC 2011

On 6/30/11 6:11 AM, Emmanuel Noobadmin wrote:
> On 6/30/11, Simon Matter<simon.matter at invoca.ch>  wrote:
>> Hm, I thought the problem was I/O, not memory? If memory is not the
>> problem then it has nothing to do with swapping (more correctly paging).
>
> After looking through the various replies here and rechecking whatever
> logs I managed to get, it might in a way be related to swapping, not
> on the host which I am trying to get into but the guest.

Again, fixable by not sharing the disk the guest uses with the disk the host
needs to load programs from... The disk head is always going to be in the wrong
place.

But, odds are that the source of the problem is starting too many mail delivery
programs, especially if they, or the user's local procmail, starts a
spamassassin instance per message.  Look at the mail logs for a problem time to
see if you had a flurry of messages coming in.  Sendmail/MimeDefang is fairly
good at queuing the input and controlling the processes running at once but even
with that you may have to throttle the concurrent sendmail processes.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com