[CentOS] Anyway to ensure SSH availability?

Steven Tardy sjt5 at its.msstate.edu
Thu Jun 30 13:41:31 UTC 2011

On 06/29/11 14:50, Emmanuel Noobadmin wrote:
> I was having problems with the same server locking up to the point I
> can't even get in via SSH.

investigate instead of band-aiding...

1) syslog to a remote host.
    remote syslogging rarely stops when the system is disk/iowait bound.

2) log diving.
    is there anything in the logs around the time of the incidents?

    large emails(100MB+ body, not attachment) can freak out versions of spam assassin...
      server load would reach 300+ which timed out SSH connections.
    syslogs took time to wade through, but pinpointed the recurring issue.