[CentOS] Looking for a facebook / twitter desktop-like APP for general use

Rudi Ahlers

Rudi at SoftDux.com
Tue Mar 1 13:03:02 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to communicate with end users via a desktop app
that works similar to Facebook / Twitter desktop / iPhone / SmartPhone
apps, and hope someone can help me with this?

Basically I need to convey information (newsletters, news flashes /
download links / etc to users, but via a desktop application.

think of "[URL=http://toolbar.google.com/gmail-helper/notifier_windows.html[/URL]"
or [URL="http://www.mixero.com/"]Mixero[/URL], or even how online game
manufacturers communicate with game player via a UI / game interface.

BUT, and here's the but, I need something that I can customize a bit
to work with our specific setup. The basic idea is to have an admin
backup, which can run on PHP + MySQL (we can code this ourself) and
then app can get whatever content is in the Database on the client's
desktop.

Can anyone point me into any direction for something like this?

Ideally it should work on Windows, Linux & MAC - so I'm thinking
something written in C++ / C# / GTK+ / etc with different OS
installers would be ideal.

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers