[CentOS] Centos 6

Dag Wieers

dag at wieers.com
Wed Mar 2 00:14:33 UTC 2011

On Sun, 27 Feb 2011, JD wrote:

> OK, as a measuring yardstick: approximately how many
> months after RHEL5's release date was Centos 5 released?
> That might give people an approximate idea.
> Currently, I have no RHEL installed. I just joined this list to
> enquire about RHEL 6.

>From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CentOS

 	RHEL4:    2005-02-14
 	CentOS-4: 2005-03-09	23 days

 	RHEL5:    2007-03-14
 	CentOS-5: 2007-04-12	29 days

 	RHEL6:    2010-11-10
 	CentOS-6: TBD		112+ days

Priority is CentOS 5.6, which is what people are actually using. It is
very likely a RHEL 6.1 Beta is out before CentOS-6.0. Early RHEL 6.1 Beta
access has been offered by Red Hat to RHCE's already.