[CentOS] CentOS 4.6 Samba Mount problem

sync

jiannma at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 07:17:33 UTC 2011

Hi ,all :

Today I run the following command to mount the Linux Server Samba share
folder
on my computer which installed CentOS 5.5 x86_64 .

root at test ~:  mount.cifs  //IP/share   /mnt
root at test ~: mount -o loop /mnt/xxx.iso   /media

xxx.iso: Permission denied

But I see the permission of that file is 755, that means  others can do read
and excute.

Then I run "tailf /var/log/message"  command and find the following error
message :
kernel :CIFS VFS: server   IP of type Samba 3.0.25a-04.E6 returned
unexpected error on SMB posix open, disabling posix open support. Check if
server update available.

By the way, the Linux Server which installed CentOS 4.6 64 bit and the samba
version is 3.0.25a-04.E6.

So is it the samba version bug? Or Should I update the new samba version ?

Thanks in advance ....