[CentOS] Xen stack scheme

Pasi Kärkkäinen pasik at iki.fi
Fri Mar 4 09:37:08 UTC 2011

On Fri, Mar 04, 2011 at 11:11:52AM +0200, Jussi Hirvi wrote:
> On 4.3.2011 10.52, Simon Matter wrote:
> > I don't know if it's recommended that way but at least it works fine.
>
> Hm, that is kind of the only important thing. :-)
>
> If it is not recommended, there have to be better reasons for that than
> mere tidiness.

Dom0 should be reserved only for management toolstack and minimal amount
of services (storage/network backends).

Actually dom0 is a *VM* aswell (see "xm list"), although it has more direct
access to the hardware and thus to storage.

You're probably limited by the disk IOPS anyway, so it shouldn't
matter that much if you run the service in dom0 or in domU,
so go for domU, since that's the more safe bet.

-- Pasi