[CentOS] Octet (was: IP6 Anyone?)

Always Learning centos at g7.u22.net
Sun Mar 6 13:44:09 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-03-06 at 14:36 +0100, Bob Marcan wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Feb 2011 13:32:34 +0000
> Always Learning <centos at g7.u22.net> wrote:
>
> > PDP being a 'main franme'?  Baby mainframe perhaps when compared to
> > Honeywell's (later Bull's) Level 66?  Level 66 had 36 bit words which
> > could be used as 6 BCD characters or 4 ASCII characters.

> Baby?
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PDP-10

I never saw any DEC installtion :-(

Working exclusively on Honeywell for over 30 years I was a bit biased.

Saw the Amstelveen (NL) computer centre of KLM. It had over 400 hard
disk drives!

I also saw Honeywell upgrading a L66 machine so it would run faster. The
engineer pulled-out a PCB and took it away. That 'upgrade' cost over 1
million NLG (Dutch guilders).

With best regards,

Paul.
England,