[CentOS] Centos 6 - What are you looking forward to?

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 12:07:18 UTC 2011

On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 6:53 AM, John Hodrien <J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Mar 2011, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:

>>> What does the new GSSAPI support do for you?
>>
>> Single sign-on. Your Windows clients, in the right environment, can
>> have their Kerberos tickets managed to allow Kerberos tickets, not
>> authorized_keys, to be used very effectively and reduce typing
>> !@#$!@#$ passwords or manipulating SSH keys. The "development" version
>> of Putty also has this built right in, though it's not made it to the
>> production version yet.
>
> But that works just nicely with CentOS 5.  I use GSSAPI together with kerberos
> tickets plucked out of Active Directory.  Enable GSSAPIDelegateCredentials and
> it'll throw your ticket to the remote side, so you can merrily use your
> kerberos ticket there too.

Have you backported OpenSSH 5.x to CentOS 5? Because I don't see the
full features set without OpenSSH 5.x, such as "GSSApiKeyExchange".

Hmm. What you've described is an ssh_config option, which is set to
"no" by default.  I'll have to look into that. There have been some
interesting..... traction issues with using the backported OpenSSH 5.x
I'm currently reliant on for CentOS 5 and RHEL 5.