[CentOS] Centos 6 - What are you looking forward to?

John Hodrien J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk
Mon Mar 7 14:12:34 UTC 2011

On Mon, 7 Mar 2011, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:

> NFSv4 is *NOT* your friend, and Kerberizing it effectively is not
> trivial. I'm using Centrify for that and to have a reliable upstream
> vendor who can actually support it. (I'm on a contract.) What's the
> issue you're encountering, besides the lack of "nfs4-acl-editor" in
> the RPM's.

With a CentOS 5 server and a CentOS 5 client, I've yet to manage to get it
play nicely for long periods without deciding that I'm evil.  Sometimes it
works fine, then a reboot or a minor tinker that I'm sure shouldn't affect
anything will leave it refusing to mount with Operation not permitted.  Or
it'll let me mount it as root, but as soon as I use it with a kerberos ticket
will have a big long pause before deciding it doesn't like me.  Client works
fine against an EMC box, and I've had the server working before I started
using Active Directory.

> nfs4-acl-editor is actually built into the nfs4 tools source tree,
> it's just not compiled. It's not a perfect tool, but I think well
> worth getting into the "extras" repository for CentOS.

nfs4-acl-tools-0.3.3-1.el5, standard in CentOS.  That not do what you need?

jh