[CentOS] Epel and yum downgrade : possible ?

Philippe Naudin philippe.naudin at supagro.inra.fr
Wed Mar 9 08:55:43 UTC 2011

Le mar 08 mar 2011 22:04:27 CET, Nico Kadel-Garcia a écrit:

> On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 11:59 AM, Ned Slider <ned at unixmail.co.uk> wrote:

> >> You will need to install the "yum-allowdowngrade" package if it's not
> >> already installed to allow yum to do this.
> >>
> >> Then simply run:
> >>
> >> yum downgrade dokuwiki
> >>
> >> which should downgrade to the previously available version
> >>

> > Replying to myself... I neglected to mention this relies on the
> > repository keeping old versions available for you to "downgrade" to.
>
> Which EPEL does not do. So in general, no, it's not feasible to
> downgrade EPEL packages.

Thanks Ned and Nico.

Yes, "yum downgrade dokuwiki" says there is nothing available. I can
rebuild version 20091225.c from dokuwiki.org, but I don't know if
there where any patches added by Epel, and this is likely.

My guess is the source rpm for Epel was the same as the source rpm
for Fedora, so I am going to try this one.

I will be more careful with packages coming from other repos than
CentOS...

Thanks again,

--
Philippe