[CentOS] CentOS 5.5 does not recognise SAS drives with LSI 1068E Controller

Peter Peltonen peter.peltonen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 08:12:48 UTC 2011

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 7:40 PM, Tom H <tomh0665 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 11:51 AM,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
>> Peter Peltonen wrote:

>> to do
>> get to
>>>
>> Nope. They may have said they "pre-installed the RAID, but you really need
>> to go into the setup (<ctrl-c>, or -f, or whatever), and see what it
>> presents ->logically<- (key buzzword). If it hasn't been initialized, or
>> put into logical configuration, then it simply will not present the
>> logical drives to the o/s, and AFAIK, it will *not* present the physical
>> drives at all.
>
> I think that it's ctrl-r and that you have to set up "virtual disks"
> using the "physical disks".

Here are some pics of the RAID configuration:

http://www.knuka.org/raid1.jpg
http://www.knuka.org/raid2.jpg

For me it seems that the drives are initialized and virtual disks
setup, so it is not a hardware configuration issue?

I also received confirmation from the vendor that the controller is "LSI 1068E".

Should this controller be supported by CentOS5.5 without a driver disk?

Regards,
Peter

Regards,
Peter