[CentOS] CentOS 5.5 does not recognise SAS drives with LSI 1068E Controller

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Thu Mar 10 17:41:43 UTC 2011

Peter Peltonen wrote on Thu, 10 Mar 2011 19:08:14 +0200:

> 2) If I need to use the binary driver by LSI, how do I proceed with
> kernel updates?

The download is quite large and you will notice that there is a dkms rpm
in it, amongst a lot of other stuff. dkms can cater with updates, AFAIK.
It rebuilds the module if it detects a newer kernel or on every reboot or
so (others will know better). For this you need to have the build
requirements installed on the machine!
dkms isn't the preferred method anymore, but I don't think that package
contains a "weak update".

Kai