[CentOS] Dell PERC H800 commandline RAID monitoring tools

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Thu Mar 10 17:47:09 UTC 2011

Dominik Zyla wrote on Thu, 10 Mar 2011 09:10:37 +0100:

> We're using megacli wrapped by perl to provide information about Perc
> events. It works quite well as far.

Do you have a megacli rpm that works with the CentOS-provided drivers,
which is MPT 3.something? I googled about this some time ago and there's
an rpm mentioned here and there that contains only the megacli utility,
but it's not downloadable anymore from anywhere. I got hold of a package
that cotnains the 4 version, but that doesn't work with the CentOS
drivers. LSI themselves provide only the complete MegaRAID driver/package
for download and it's not clear if the singe megacli utility is included
or if installing it may overwrite the built-in driver.

Kai