[CentOS] Apache/Active Directory authentication

Dvorkin, Asya dvorkias at umdnj.edu
Fri Mar 11 20:50:36 UTC 2011

Okay... so at this point I am stuck.

I got this far:

Using modules:

LoadModule auth_basic_module modules/mod_auth_basic.so
LoadModule auth_kerb_module modules/mod_auth_kerb.so

root at myserver conf]# net ads testjoin
Join is OK

I successfully joined domain.

[root at myserver conf]# klist -k
Keytab name: FILE:/etc/krb5.keytab
KVNO Principal
---- --------------------------------------------------------------------------
   2 host/myserver.server.com at CORE.HOST.EDU
   2 host/rmyserver.server.com at CORE.HOST.EDU
   2 host/myserver.server.com at CORE.HOST.EDU
   2 host/myserver at CORE.HOST.EDU
   2 host/myserver at CORE.HOST.EDU
   2 host/myserver at CORE.HOST.EDU
   2 MYSERVER$@CORE.HOST.EDU
   2 MYSERVER$@CORE.HOST.EDU
   2 MYSERVER$@CORE.HOST.EDU
   2 http/myserver.server.com at CORE.HOST.EDU
   2 http/myserver.server.com at CORE.HOST.EDU
   2 http/myserver.server.com at CORE.HOSTEDU
   2 http/myserver at CORE.HOST.EDU
   2 http/myserver at CORE.HOST.EDU
   2 http/myserver at CORE.HOST.EDU

My problem is that I am getting an error message in apache logs:

gss_acquire_cred() failed: Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code may provide more information (No principal in keytab matches desired name)

I looked in AD configuration and see that my server does not have appropriate ServicePrincipalName for HTTP (only host).

my keytab file:
-rw------- 1 apache apache 957 Mar 11 14:31 /etc/httpd/conf/krb5.keytab

I have NO right access to AD server and cannot do much about creating proper keytab file.

Anything else I can do?  Am I missing something?

Thank you!
Asya