[CentOS] rpm 9.7.3 for epel-6 and centos 5.5

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 01:58:57 UTC 2011

2011/3/11 fakessh @ <fakessh at fakessh.eu>:
> hello centos list
>

> I recompile the source rpm fedora core 14 on my centos 5.5.
> I wrote a post on my blog to explain how I did.
> goo.gl/p0sqF
> I also recompile the rpm via koji to epel 6 and the result is possitive
> goo.gl/OQwIX
>

> package is on it safe

OK, I misinterpreted the title of this. But you don't need to do this!!!

If you look at the bind97 package from RHEL 5.6, available at
http://mirrors.kernel.org/redhat/redhat/linux/enterprise/5Server/en/os/SRPMS/bind97-9.7.0-6.P2.el5.src.rpm,
you'll see that it already provides all of this as necessary in a
format compatible and unlikely to overwrite updates from the upstream
vendor..