[CentOS] skype?

m.roth at 5-cent.us

Wed Mar 16 20:37:26 UTC 2011

Well, at the urging of a friend who wants to talk face-to-face, I tried to
install skype to my system at home (current CentOS 5.5). Got the fedora
rpm; yum installed a library, then localinstalled skype, which is the
current 2.1 beta.

ldd shows an entry to linux-gate, which I don't have installed (or at
least rpm tells me I don't). I try to run skype, and it complains about
the version of glibc, even though I do have libstdc++.so.6.

So, does anyone have any suggestions on a) how to get 2.1 beta working, or
b) where I can find the *non* beta previous version...?

Thanks in advance.

           mark "clues for the poor!"