[CentOS] Apache/Active Directory authentication

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Fri Mar 18 18:58:13 UTC 2011

On Fri, 18 Mar 2011, Michael B Allen wrote:

> True. You cannot have multiple PTR records for an IP. I did not mean
> to suggest that you could.

Not saying you are wrong here, but have you an RFC reference
to this effect?  We previously held this belief from our prior
practice, but cannot find a clear prohibition of such.  As
such our DNS zonefile management code does not enforce such a
limitation presently

Considering the issue from the other side, there is nothing
that requires simplicity if implementation of a client that
says it can accept only a single PTR, rather than an array of
replies and then walking the reverses

-- Russ herrold